Happy Holidays deviantART!
One of my favourite parts of Christmas is decorating the tree. Trying to find that perfect branch to compliment each individual and unique ornament, my family and I spend hours on hours making it just right.
After all is said and done, we step back and allow ourselves to be enveloped in the glow; nodding in agreement that yes, this is the best year yet.
If you had the ability to design your perfect ornament, what would it be? Let your imagination run wild.
I'm giving you absolute artistic license on these three templates below. Don't allow logic to influence your decision. What do you mean you think it'd be too heavy for the tree? Pfft. Perhaps in your world it is. Not in mine. :D
What I'm trying to say is this. Anything goes. ...pending you follow the rules below; of course. ;)
1. Your entry absolutely must conform to all deviantART TOS and Submission Policy standards.
2. You must use one of the templates provided for your entry. This should be the focal point of your submission.
3. There is no limit to how many entries you may have, but please keep in mind: quality > quantity.
4. You are encouraged to add background, flair, and anything else your mind can come up with, but it isn't required.
5. Your entry must be submitted to: Contests & Projects > Contests > 2007 > 2007 Holiday Contests > DIY Ornament Contest to be considered for judging no later than midnight EST on December 20, 2007. (find your timezone)
Judging will be done by
and will not only be based on artistic and creative merit, but how well you incorporate and present your idea.
Please choose only one of the following:
(PC: open link > right-click > save image as // Mac: open link > hold down mouse button > save as)
First: 1 Year Subscription, dA buttons
Second: 6 Month Subscription, dA buttons
Third: 3 Month Subscription, dA buttons
Honourable Mention (2): 1 Month Subscription
Good luck everyone!